Car Rental Agreement
Car Rental Agreement
1. The Company agrees to rent the Car to the Client, and the Client agrees to rent the Car from the Company in accordance with the terms set out in this Agreement.
Car Rental Period
1. The Agreement commences on the established pick-up date and will continue daily until the established return date (the "Period").
*The rental period is based on the booking details selected by the Client on the Availability Request and displayed on the Price Quote, the Invoice and Car Rental Agreement.
Rent & Deposit
1. The rent for the Car, including sales tax, insurance, and service fee will be the total Quoted Amount (the Rent) and the Rent will be paid prior to the Client taking possession of the Car. After the Client returns the vehicle and final inspection is made, rental fees may be charged.
2. A security deposit hold of $200.00 is required in order to rent any vehicles from our Company. The $200.00 security deposit will be retained the day of the established Pick Up and will last for the duration of the car rental period.
1. Gas Refuel Charge
a. The Client must refuel the vehicle to the same fuel level it was delivered by the Company at the time of Pick Up. If the Client does not to refuel the vehicle to the same fuel level, a charge of $30.00 for each 15 liters of gasoline will be made and discounted from the $200.00 security deposit.
b. Unused fuel is non-refundable.
2. Late Return Fee
a. There is a 15-minute grace period after the established return time. If the vehicle is returned after the grace period, you will be charged a late
return fee of $25, plus an hourly rate of $15 plus taxes per hour and/or fraction of an hour, up to one (1) hour and 59 minutes.
b. If you return the vehicle two (2) hours or after the established return time, you will be charged an additional day of rental, plus a late return fee of $25. To avoid any late return fees, please refer to the Car Rental Extension section under Rental Fees, Part 3 – Letter a.
3. Car Rental Extension
a. Extensions to the Car Rental Period needs to be requested by emailing (email@example.com) at least two (2) business hours before the established return time to avoid additional fees. Any extension to the rental period will be subject to availability. If the extension is approved, you will be notified by email and/or by a phone call from administration. An hourly rate of $15 plus taxes will apply for each added hour and/or fraction of hour. Extensions requested on time will not be subject to any late return fees.
4. Cleaning & Smoking Fee
a. We expect our rental cars to be returned in the same clean condition that they were given to the Client at the time of Pick Up. All our rental cars include basic car wash. If a vehicle requires excessive cleaning or special cleaning products, a cleaning fee, which ranges from $25 to $75, will be applied to your overall rental cost.
b. Choco’s Bronco Rental prohibits all types of smoking in its cars, including vaping, medical cannabis and any other smoking device. In keeping with this policy, if a car comes back to us smelling of any type of smoke, including e-cigarette vapors, we will assess a cleaning fee up to $200.
5. Damage Waiver
a. Minor damage to the rental car, such as scratches, dents, chipped windshield, flat tires, or roadside assistance are covered by the Damage Waiver.
b. The Damage Waiver is an optional protection product you can purchase with your car rental. If you choose not to purchase the Damage Waiver and the car gets damaged and/or need roadside assistance, you may have to pay out of pocket for any needed repairs.
c. The Damage Waiver needs to purchased prior to the Client picking up the rental car.
o Your personal auto insurance and/or credit card insurance may or may not cover the cost of repairs, so it is best to contact your insurance provider before renting a car.
6. Payment of Charges
a. Upon your signing of this agreement, You authorize Choco’s Bronco Rental to process or submit a charge to your credit card, debit, or charge card for any Rental Fees associated to Your car rental period.
a. Reservations canceled five (5) business days or prior to the established car rental pick-up date qualify for a refund, minus a cancellation fee equal to $100.00 or 30% of the invoiced amount, whichever is greater, or a three (3) month rain check, subject to availability*.
o The rain check can only be used one time*
b. Reservations canceled between four (4) business days to the day of the established pick-up date will qualify only for a three (3) month rain
check, subject to availability*.
o The rain check can only be used one time*.
c. Reservations canceled the same day of the established pick-up date, as well as
no shows, do not qualify for a refund or rain check.
d. After the car rental period begins, shortened trips and/or unused time do not qualify
for a refund nor rain check.
e. If the rental car that you reserved becomes unavailable due to an accident or mechanical failure, we will notify you and find a replacement vehicle similar in size. If a replacement vehicle is not available for you, we will notify you as soon as possible and refund your payment in full.
Delivery of Car (Pick-Up & Return)
a. Prior to the established pick-up date and time, the Client will be contacted by one of Choco's Bronco Rental staff members to coordinate pick
up from the Ferry Terminal/Airport Terminal and will be taken to the pick-up station mentioned below.
b. The Client will, at the Client's own expense and risk, pick up and return the car to Sector La Romana 19 A, Culebra, PR 00775 – or to another
location approved by Choco’s Bronco Rental administration, for final inspection.
Prohibited Uses of Car
1. The use of the Car will have the following restrictions:
a. Only the person who rented the Car and provided a valid Driver's License will be authorized to drive the vehicle during the rental period, in
accordance with the Government of Puerto Rico's Laws and Regulations, unless there is an emergency, which there will be a secondary driver
with a valid Driver's License previously authorized to drive the Car.
b. The secondary authorized is: TO BE ADDED ON THE CAR RENTAL AGREEMENT.
c. It is strictly forbidden to drive the Car under the influence of alcohol and/or other legal or illegal substances that may affect the renter's
driving ability. (Article 7.02 - 7.04 of Law 22-2000).
d. Choco’s Bronco Rental prohibits all types of smoking in its cars, including vaping and medical cannabis. In keeping with this policy, if a car
comes back to us smelling of any type of smoke, including e-cigarette vapors, we will assess a cleaning fee (refer to Rental Fees section, Part
4, letter b).
e. The Car may only travel on paved roads open to traffic and accessible solid dirt roads. There are two hidden beaches, "Playa Dátiles" and
"Playa Larga" that are not allowed to be traveled to with any of our vehicles based on the difficulty of the road and the safety of the Client.
- Should any damage to the Car or collision occur and it has been on roads not suitable for traffic, not paved, not solid dirt or not open for
regular traffic ("Off Road"), you will be charged a penalty of $750.00.
f. If there is a minor, he must always travel in his respective protective seat.
- If under 12 years of age, the minor must travel in the back seat (Article 13.03 of Law e. 2000).
g. Any type of animal is prohibited from getting into the Car. Only service dogs with their proper documentation and current medical certificate
will be accepted.
- If the client does not have the proper documentation and/or does not have a valid medical certificate, we will see ourselves in the right not
to rent the Car until the necessary documentation is provided. (Law 51 of May 29th, 1970).
h. The Client is responsible for all events arising from the use of the Car (any parking and traffic fines to the license plate and/or the Client's
driver's license and any accident), that are not attributable to any rupture of the obligations of the lender.
i. Should the Client visit a body of water, be it beach, bay, lagoon, he/she must make sure that he/she, and any occupants do not have excessive
sand or are wet when getting into the vehicle to avoid any cleaning fees.
j. Choco’s Bronco Rental is not responsible for any articles left inside the vehicle during nor after the rental period.
1. The car will be in good working order and good, clean condition upon pick-up.
2. The car is of merchantable quality and is fit for the purposes it is ordinarily used.
Loss and Damage
3. To the extent permitted by law, the Client will be responsible for risk of loss, theft, damage, or destruction to the car from any and every cause.
Ownership, Right to Rent and Quiet Enjoyment
4. The car is the property of the Company and will remain the property of the Company.
5. The Company warrants that the Company has the right to rent the car according to the terms in this Contract.
6. The Company warrants that if no event of default has occurred, the Company will not disturb the Client's quiet and peaceful possession of the car.
7. At the end of the Rental Period, the Client will return the car at the established return time at the Client's cost, expense, and risk to the Company by delivering the car to Sector La Romana 19 A, Culebra, PR 00775 – or to another location approved by Choco’s Bronco Rental administration.
Proof of Insurance
8. No proof of auto insurance is required in order to rent a vehicle from our Company.
9. The Client will indemnify and hold harmless the Company against all claims, actions, suits, proceedings, costs, expenses, damages, and liabilities, including attorney's fees and costs, arising out of, or related to the Client's use of the Car.
10. The occurrence of any one or more of the following events will constitute an event of default ("Event of Default") under this Agreement:
a. The Client fails to pay any amount provided for in this Agreement when such amount is due or otherwise breaches the Client's obligations
under this Agreement.
b. The Client is negligent when using the Car.
11. On the occurrence of an Event of Default, the Company will be entitled to pursue any one or more of the following remedies (the "Remedies"):
a. Declare the entire amount of the Rent for the Term immediately due and payable without notice or demand to the Client.
b. Commence legal proceedings to recover the Rent and other obligations accrued before and after the Event of Default.
c. Take possession of the Car, without demand or notice, wherever same may be located, without any court order or other process of law. The
Client waives all damage occasioned by such taking of possession.
d. Terminate this Agreement immediately upon written notice to the Client.
e. Pursue any other remedy available in law or equity.
12. Upon written demand by the Company, the Client will execute and deliver to the Company documents required by the Company to protect the Company's interest in the Car including, but not limited to, the documents necessary to file a UCC financing statement.
13. This Agreement will constitute the entire agreement between the Parties. Any prior understanding or representation of any kind preceding the date of this Agreement will not be binding on either Party except to the extent incorporated in this Agreement.
14. It is the intention of the Parties to this Agreement that this Agreement and the performance under this Agreement, and all suits and special proceedings under this Agreement, be construed in accordance with and governed, to the exclusion of the law of any other forum, by the laws of the State of Puerto Rico (the "State"), without regard to the jurisdiction in which any action or special proceeding may be instituted.
15. If there is a conflict between any provision of this Agreement and the applicable legislation of the State of Puerto Rico (the "Act"), the Act will prevail, and such provisions of the Agreement will be amended or deleted as necessary to comply with the Act. Further, any provisions that are required by the Act are incorporated into this Agreement.
Notice to Client
16. NOTICE TO THE CLIENT: This is a rental. You are not buying the Car. Do not accept our Quote before reading the Terms.
17. This Car Rental Agreement will be emailed to the Client prior to the established Pick-Up date and time. If You receive this contract and do not sign nor object to the terms, and continue with the car rental, your silence serves as evidence that all the terms and conditions in this contract were accepted.